Saturday, March 5, 2011

T-217: I'm getting better

The title of this post is actually quite fitting.  After I returned from NOLA, which was such an amazing experience, I had required quite a bit of recovery time.  I always allow myself a few weeks of pigging out after a marathon and let up on the running for a bit.  This time, though, my recovery from the race was a bit more than a bit of chafing on my waistband (which I did not experience at all this time).  I actually injured my foot a bit, nothing serious, just a tendon strain in my foot.

And I was REALLY REALLY REALLY sick for 3 days.  I'm not sure if it was the race or the food or the sweet drinks, or more likely a combination.  So, when I was violently ill and heard that the Boston Athletic Association was changing the registration process (staggered with faster runners allowed in first, people at the higher end may not get in) and qualifying times (now a 3:35, which is terrifyingly fast), I knew I would be upset when I was feeling better.

Two days later, I had to really think about whether or not I wanted to push for this.  What would this mean?  AND...would the registration remain open long enough for Chicago runners to get in?

I have been surveying runners to find a race a month or two earlier with a similar elevation chart and climate.  I am a huge runner nerd, yes.  Although I guess I figured that out when I started the blog.

Ultimately, I decided to go for it.  I just registered for the Edmonton.  3 marathons in 4 months.  Here we go, folks.

I still have the determination and DetermiNation.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment