Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I wasn't going to run the Chicago Marathon this year.


I wasn't going to run the Chicago Marathon this year.
Then I remembered how amazing it is to cross the finish line on race day knowing that you are changing the course of cancer.

Every time I have crossed a marathon finish line, I have done it knowing that there are a group of survivors and individuals whose families have also been affected by cancer running alongside me.

People who are using this amazing accomplishing of running 26.2 miles (!) to do some good and take a stand in the fight against cancer.

In 2010, this program changed my life.  Finding the American Cancer Society DetermiNation program allowed me to grieve the loss of my grandfather and father to this disease.

Running for the ACS year after year gives me confidence that one day, more people won't have to do the same.

Help me support the American Cancer Society in the fight against cancer and quest for a cure.

I truly appreciate your support.

Andrea

To donate, visit: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/andrea2013


What can your dollars do?

$5 - Cover two hours of toll-free access to the National Cancer Information Center
$13.10 - Provide books like "The Long and Short of It" that help childhood cancer patients cope with the loss of hair during treatment
$26.20 - Purchase a glass Erlenmeyer flask, which allow researchers to mix and/or store different substances, including potentially beneficial drugs, to discover their cancer-related effect
$50 - Sponsor an individual's round-trip ride to treatment through the Road to Recovery program
$100 - Grant a Reach to Recovery visit for a man or woman coping with breast cancer.
$150 - Provide a wig for a cancer patient experiencing hair loss due to chemotherapy treatment
$200 - Obtain 1 package of 50 sheets of X-ray film
$400 - Make wig styling with certified cosmetologist possible for 8 women after their loss of hair
$1,000 - Sponsor a stay at a Hope Lodge, a free, temporary place to stay for cancer patients and their caregivers when their best hope for effective treatment may be in another city

To donate, visit: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/andrea2013

No comments:

Post a Comment