Thursday, February 3, 2011

T-249 Days


Today, a remarkable thing happened in Chicago.  The skies parted and the blizzard of 2011 ended.  That’s what the were calling it 2 mores in and I sort of scoffed.  I was wrong.  Winds reached 70 mph and we had about 21 inches of snow.  But today, when the snow finally stopped, I went for a brief little jog out on the streets, or tried to anyway.

The snow was up to my hips in some spots and my streets remained unplowed.  It was really amazing, though, to see all of the adults running around, taking pictures, playing in the snow.  I loved it.

I loved it even more when I found out my gym was open and I could get a little work-out in.  I was going a little nuts, having been stuck inside the house since 3pm the day before.  I didn’t run because I have somewhat of a mega-blister.  I’m hoping my foot heals properly by Saturday so I can get one solid run in before taking the week to relax before the marathon in New Orleans.

I am not looking to qualify this time, at all, just finish and feel okay doing it.  I’m going down with a bunch of other ACS runners, most of whom are doing the half.  I was just nuts enough to sign up for the full.  I did my 20 miler last weekend and it was fine, but I’m anxious to get in some runs outside down in New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment